Saturday, May 25, 2013

Social Services



Baby number two is born! Psalm Danielle is her name. Yup, I now have a 2 year old boy "Simeon" and his younger sister.




Well, I thought I would share a bit about what is happening around here at the moment. I have started my degree in social services and am THOROUGHLY enjoying it. I way prefer being able to work with academia rather than horticulture and people rather than flowers.
It is a financial struggle to study at times but God provides. I believe this is where He wants me.
Two papers have been completed so far, and I think I am actually starting to get good at writing essays :)
The two I am currently working on are really interesting. One is on human development & behaviour, which means digging into psychology! Freud, Piaget, Erikson and all those other interesting guys. The other is on inter-personal communication which teaches a lot of counselling skills.
I am thinking of going down the counselling line... I really want to help people that are looking for help; I probably more accurately should say "helping people to help themselves".

Well, Psalm is grizzly and that would be me for now.

DP

 If there is anyone from the older days of this blog who happens to see this post, stop by! and let me know what you are up to. Are their still many Ray Comfort hecklers around? lol


8 comments:

  1. Still lurking.

    Congratulations on the birth of the new sprog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey BT, are you still doing the website building? what are you up to these days?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, still QA/Testing websites, currently preparing for the upcoming (likely) referendum. Still playing games. Still chatting on the living waters blog (Ray actually shut down his old one), but it's almost dead these days, Ray actually moved to facebook for the attention.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moved to facebook for the attention! lol. He is keen to get the gospel out there, good on him. Are there many of you seasoned hecklers following him there?

    What games to you play?

    I have developed a small addiction to chess lately :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't, he rarely actually converses with anyone now, it's all just repeating old comments. And there is less discussion with 40,000 people responding to his trite phrase of the day on facebook than a few dozen on a blog.

    Seriously this is guy who ran Athiest Central for like 5 years, then goes on facebook 'why do so many post here?' the next day says 'I don't target atheists', and then the next day starts 'lessons for atheists'.

    Oh if you want to hear a great debate, listen to his debate with Aron Ra. Ray got really really annoyed with Aron because he wouldn't play his games. Probably the maddest I've ever heard Ray get. Listen to it if only to hear Ray say that he 'Rarely discusses evolution', then go to his blog and facebook and see if you can make through a week without hitting double digits counting up his references. Every time they hit they hit the blog I just respond 'There's Rarely Comfort not discussing Evolution again'.

    Mostly card & board games like Agricola, Netrunner,

    Here is what I've played over the past yearish
    http://boardgamegeek.com/plays/bygame/user/BathTubNZ/subtype/boardgame

    ReplyDelete
  6. 230,000 followers are a fair few people! I did like how he made an effort to respond to individuals at atheist central. Sad he cannot continue that...

    I don't think Ray is the best debater out there anyway lol.

    So you are into Agricola?! That is an awesome game. I like how it is not based on luck, really at all, mainly strategy. I haven't even played the expansions much yet, which also look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. In hilarious form, Ray 'I rarely talk about evolution' Comfort's latest announcement is an.... Evolution DVD

    Yeah Agricola is number 1 on my list. I really enjoy it, in fact I am hosting an Agricola session at work this weekend.

    Next time you are in Wellington we will have to play a game of Farmers of the Moor.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha ha, Ray talks about evolution heaps! Yeah, if I am ever in Wellington I'll let you know, and we can have a game :D Let me know if you're ever up north ay!

    ReplyDelete